Sometimes, we cannot receive our couriers and packages on time due to unavoidable circumstances. In such cases, writing an authorization letter to claim the package on your behalf is advisable. This letter is written consent from you authorizing someone else to collect your courier.
What is an authorization letter to claim a package
Table of Contents
An authorization letter to claim a package is a document that authorizes someone else to claim a package on your behalf. This can be useful if you cannot pick up the package or want someone else to handle the task for you.
Details of Fill in the Authorization Letter to Claim a Package
- Address the letter to the specific carrier. Include the Name of the carrier, their address, and your address in the letter.
- Include your Name, telephone number, and email address in the letter.
- Give the full Name and contact information of the individual you authorize to claim the package. This should include their full Name, telephone number, and email address.
- Indicate what type of identification they will need to present to claim the package. This should be a government-issued photo ID.
- Give the package details, including when it was sent, what is inside, and where it was sent.
- Authorize the individual to sign for and receive the package on your behalf.
- Sign and date the letter.
- Include a copy of your government-issued photo ID with the letter.
- Send the letter via certified mail with the return receipt requested so that you have proof that the carrier received it.
Sample Authorization Letter to Claim Package / Goods
[City, State, Zip Code]
To whom it may concern, [Name of Person You Are Authorizing] [Address] [City, State, Zip Code]
I am writing this letter to authorize [Name of person you are authorizing] to pick up a package on my behalf from [location]. This package will arrive on or around [date]. I have attached a copy of my ID for verification.
Please call us on [phone number] or [email address] if you have any questions.
Thank you for your time. Sincerely,
[Your Name] [Your Signature] [Your Address] [Your City, State, Zip Code] [Your Phone Number] [Your Email Address]
An authorization letter claiming a package is a legal document that gives someone else the authority to claim a package on your behalf. Be sure to only give this authority to someone you trust and include all relevant information in the letter. You can contact a lawyer or look for samples online if you have questions.
Peyton Bagley is an English teacher and letter writer from the United States of America. She has been teaching for over 15 years and loves helping her students improve their writing skills. Peyton has also worked as a freelance writer and editor for several years. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her family, reading, and hiking.