In many situations, you are unavailable to collect your ID card in person, so you will need to authorize someone else to do it on your behalf. An authorization letter gives the permission they need to collect your ID card from the issuing authority.
What is an authorization letter to claim an ID card?
Table of Contents
An authorization letter to claim an ID card is a document that authorizes another person to collect your ID card on your behalf. This can be useful if you cannot collect the card yourself or need someone else to pick it up for you.
Writing Tips for authorization letter to claim an ID card
- Make sure the letter is addressed correctly. Include the Name and address of the person or organization you are writing to.
- Include your contact information in the letter.
- Write a concise opening statement. In the opening paragraph, state who you authorize to act on your behalf and why you authorize them.
- Describe what authority you are giving them. Be clear about what actions they are authorized to take on your behalf. In this case, it would be picking up your ID card from the DMV. You can also specify any limitations on their authority if necessary. For example, “Jane is authorized to pick up my ID card and nothing else.”
- Include any necessary supporting documents. If there are any documents the recipient will need to fulfil your request, include them with the authorization letter. For example, you may need a copy of your ID or driver’s license and the letter.
- Close with a polite statement and your signature. You must thank the recipient for their time and effort and end with a polite sentence such as “Thank you for your help.” Finally, sign the letter with your full legal Name beneath a typed version of it for authenticity purposes.]
- Make copies of everything for your records.]
Sample authorization letter to claim an ID card?
XYZ Corporation Ltd.
I am writing this letter to authorize Mr. John Smith to collect my ID card from your office on my behalf. I am currently out of town and unable to collect the card myself. Mr. Smith will be able to produce evidence of my identity if required.
Thank you for your time and cooperation.
You can collect your id by authorizing someone on your behalf if you can’t make it yourself. Here’s everything you need to Crafting an authorization letter doesn’t have to be difficult as long as you include all pertinent information and follow standard formatting rules.
Peyton Bagley is an English teacher and letter writer from the United States of America. She has been teaching for over 15 years and loves helping her students improve their writing skills. Peyton has also worked as a freelance writer and editor for several years. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her family, reading, and hiking.