If you cannot collect your driving license in person, you can authorize someone else to do it on your behalf by writing an authorization letter.
This blog will tell you everything you need about an authorization letter to collect a driving license, including its format, content, and how to write it.
What is an Authorization Letter to Collect a Driving License
Table of Contents
This letter is a formal document that states the person you are authorizing to pick up your driving license on your behalf and what type of license they are authorized to pick up.
Why Do You Need an Authorization Letter to Collect a Driving License?
If you cannot pick up your license in person, you may need to authorize someone else to do it for you. An authorization letter for picking up a driving license is needed in the following circumstances:
- You are out of the country and cannot return in time to pick up your license
- You have a medical condition that prevents you from being able to pick up the license in person
- You are unable to take time off from work or school to pick up the license in person
- There is some other emergency that prevents you from being able to pick up the license in person
Details to Fill in an Authorization Letter?
Now that you know when you need an authorization letter, it is time to learn how to write one. The following are the steps that you need to follow when writing an authorization letter:
- Write the date at the top left side of the page.
- Write the recipient’s Name, address, and title on the following line.
- Start the letter with a courteous salutation followed by a colon.
- State why you are writing the letter in the first paragraph.
- Include all relevant information about what type of license and for what reason it is being authorized in the second paragraph.
- Specify exactly who is authorized to pick up the license in the third paragraph.
- End the letter with another courteous salutation followed by a comma.
- Leave several lines empty for your signature and print your Name below your signature.
Sample Driving Authorization Letter Template
Below is a template for an authorization letter that can be used to collect a driving license on behalf of another person.
To whom it may concern,
I am writing this letter to authorize (Name of authorized person) to collect my driving license on my behalf. (Name of authorized person) has my full permission to act on my behalf in this matter.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at (contact information).
Thank you for your time and consideration.
An authorization letter is a formal document that allows someone else to pick up your driving license on your behalf. This letter must state who is authorized to pick up the driving license and what type of license they are picking up. If you need someone else to collect your driving license, follow these steps to write an authorization letter.
Peyton Bagley is an English teacher and letter writer from the United States of America. She has been teaching for over 15 years and loves helping her students improve their writing skills. Peyton has also worked as a freelance writer and editor for several years. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her family, reading, and hiking.